RE: Licensing issues

2004-07-16 09:50:10

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 07:17, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
This is the second first time post on this thread.

Licensing issues are being dealt with, your paranoias are irrelevant,
take it to the IETF IPR forum.

        I wouldn't say that our 'paranoias', which they
are not, are irrelevant.

        I don't hate Microsoft, and I seriously doubt they
are out to take over the universe. I am not a conspiracy
theorist. I DO have concerns about standards supported by
corporations, ANY corporations, when they attempt to assert
IP claims over those standards or portions thereof
irregardless of their possibly benign intentions. I don't
think that those concerns are irrelevant.

And BTW GNU would be an entirely unacceptable licensing scheme for
a patent controlling a protocol standard in any case.

        Irregardless of the license, the crazy paranoid
people of the Internet community aren't going to use a
standard that is encumbered by patent issues. That will
be a really sad thing.

        Ryan

--
HELO, my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!