RE: Licensing issues

2004-07-16 11:42:08

From: owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mxcomp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Sent: July 16, 2004 12:58 PM
To: 'Chuck Mead'; ietf-mxcomp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Licensing issues

"> You corporate guys appear to have bunched together in a group
and *DO NOT* appear to want to *HEAR* what the non-corporates
think!

It is very clear that none of the people raising objections in
this thread have bothered to read the archives of this mailing
list.

I don't want to hear if you don't listen.

The issue was raised, we are waiting for clarification from the
lawyers.

Accusing Microsoft of bad faith less than 48 hours after the
request for clarification is made does not appear to me to be a
good faith complaint."

In my post, I made the following concluding remarks:

"Having said all of this, I gather from posts made to this
list and others that a good faith effort is being made to resolve
these issues. Hopefully the questions and genuine concerns being
raised will become moot and the working group can propose a base
standard which best suits the desired objectives within the
stated time frame."

Therefore to make the statement you made about people not being
aware of the situation, or of accusing one party or the other of
bad faith is not correct.

I trust we all can remember the old adage "Honey attracts more
flies than vinegar."

John Glube
Toronto, Canada

The FTC Calls For One Standard For Sender Authentication
http://www.learnsteps4profit.com/dne.html

---