Re: MTAs should focus on email TRANSPORT not email CONTENT

2004-07-21 19:04:59

On Thursday Terje wrote:

TP> That's nice but SUBMITTER = FROM unless the content is malformed.

Not always,  I host a web page with a payment gateway for my customer.  My
web server contacts the bank with all the details to process the
transaction.  Then the bank (SUBMITTER) sends an email on my behalf (FROM
ME) to my customer confirming the transaction.

TP> And SUBMITTER is verified by the MTA using SPF records.
TP> So the reply should go to SUBMITTER as its verified as being the
TP> real sender. And if the real sender is sending malformed email
TP> then they should get any replies in any case.

I want my customer to reply to me, not the banks computer.

dave.