Re: MTAs should focus on email TRANSPORT not email CONTENT

2004-07-27 23:32:47

Michel Bouissou wrote:

we could simply recommend that MUAs SHOULD display the
<Return-Path> as well as the "From: " header field

Yes, I like this.  I'd recommend to treat MAIL FROM != From
_without_ Sender like MAIL FROM == Sender.  This would
solve a SPF classic / Sender-Id incompatibility for legacy
software.

For "MAIL FROM" read "address minus old routing stuff", for
"!= From" read "does not match any From address", and for
"== Sender" read "matches the Sender address".  Bye, Frank