Re: Is the back door open?

2004-07-28 17:11:33

Andrew,

AN> I understand this point.  I just don't think it is valid because it
AN> assumes that the "To:" identity (either 2821 or 2822) is part of the

There is no such thing as an RFC2821.TO identity.  So, what are you
referring...to?

  One of the benefits of any MARID approach *should* be that secondary
MX's may now query & cache the MARID rules, which means that they can
apply those rules themselves... which means secondary MX's may become
more useful.

Seems to me there should be a discussion about the implications of
having distributed rule-processing engines.  For example, where do we
have related experience, such that we can understand the dynamics and
administration, and have any hope of expecting this stuff to scale?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>