Re: DEPLOY: Over-running TXT dataspace in FQDN (-protocol I believe)

2004-08-26 08:24:22

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

I believe that some people have spoken up and said that a
union solution was unappealing.

I feel this way too.  MAIL FROM and the PRA are fundamentally different
and the records need a way to distinguish them.

I believe that the vast majority of all domains will have
exactly the same "blah blah blah".

From the exact same conference of outsourced senders you were at my belief
is that the "blah blah blah" would be very different for those senders.
Many large commercial sites are beginning to indicate they will have a
different blah blah blah.

Therefore, I suggest that we introduce the %{e} scope macro
to accommodate the very small fraction of domains who need
to distinguish the scopes, and allow everyone else to leave
things alone.

I would like to refresh my memory on this.  Do you have a pointer to a
thread where this was discussed?

-Rand