Re: TECH-ERROR: Name of SUBMITTER parameter

2004-09-02 17:51:10

Roy Badami wrote:

The SUBMITTER parameter was fine as a working name (as was FRED, DAVE,
and all the rest of the names) but now that we're all in agreement
that the name of the identity in question is the PRA, the obvious name
for the parameter to identify the PRA is "PRA".

    MAIL FROM:<foo(_at_)bar> PRA=<baz(_at_)qux>

is far more natural than the SUBMITTER alternative.

I was more than happy even using the existing ENVID for this purpose. ;)
Something like:

Mail from: <original(_at_)sender> ENVID=<forwarding(_at_)entity>

Then we could have all used it tomorrow. I know, that is not what RFC 1891,
section 5.4, meant it for; but it would have been fine by me. :)

- Mark