Re: TECH-ERROR: Name of SUBMITTER parameter

2004-09-03 03:18:57

On 3 Sep 2004, at 09:39, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:42:36AM +0100,
 Roy Badami <roy(_at_)gnomon(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

The SUBMITTER parameter was fine as a working name (as was FRED,
DAVE, and all the rest of the names) but now that we're all in
agreement athat the name of the identity in question is the PRA, the
obvious name for the parameter to identify the PRA is "PRA".

IMHO, we should do quite the opposite: get rid of every mention of
-pra in the -submitter draft to be able to drop -pra (because of
patent issues) while keeping -submitter (which is IMHO an useful
addition to SPF-classic, which helps to solve the forwarding problem
which cripples SPF-classic).

You cannot possibly do SUBMITTER without -pra because otherwise forging SUBMITTER will be trivial and undetectable.

Matt.