RE: TECH-ERROR: Name of SUBMITTER parameter

2004-09-04 10:10:42

    Harry> Actually, I prefer the name SUBMITTER and would like to
    Harry> stick with it.  I believe that, from the sender's
    Harry> perspective, the name accurately conveys what the parameter
    Harry> means.  It is only on the receiving side that the value
    Harry> becomes "purported."

Yeah.  I guess with hindsight including 'purported' in the name of the
identity was a mistake, since whether 'purported' is appropriate
depends on context.

We could always repurpose PRA to stand for Primary Responsible
Address; I'll make a separete post proposing that.

         -roy