Re: (DEPLOY) In Support of Sender ID

2004-09-03 15:14:12

Rand Wacker wrote:

Sender ID also has a more graceful workaround for the forwarding hops
that want to become compliant. SRS has some severe technical
failings, so much so that source routing was completely abandoned 15
to 20 years ago as unworkable.

There are, as far as I know, no outstanding issues with SRS. I have been
using it almost since day one, on my own server (and implemented SRS
functionality in spf-milter, for instance). It has no technical failings;
let alone "severe" ones. In the very early days of SRS, addresses could
become too long. Ever since SRS1, that problem has long since been solved,
and people have upgraded both their SRS implementations and their knowledge
of SRS.

- Mark