consensus call on MUST/SHOULD language for TXT records

2004-09-04 10:33:52

"Andrew" == Andrew Newton <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

    Andrew> 1) Specify everyone to be compliant at all times.
    Andrew> 2) Specify clearly full complaint state and tolerate
    Andrew> non-compliant state during phase-in.

As long as support for SPF2 records is mandatory for compliance on
both the publishing and checking side, I'm neutral as to what the
documents should say about use of TXT records as an altertive.  The
discussion of the TXT record could even be relegated to an informative
annexe.

People will make a pragmatic decision to publish and check for TXT
records as long as the pragmatic need to do so remains.  I see no
pressing need to mandate that pragmatism (though I see ow harm in
doing so if people want to).

      -roy