Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 09:56:13

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 06:37, Andrew Newton wrote:

The ABNF in -protocol 3.4.1 is (mostly from a post by Wayne)

    version     = "spf2." ver-minor "/" ver-scope *( "," ver-scope )
    ver-minor   = 1*DIGIT
    ver-scope   = "pra" / "mailfrom" / name
    name        = alpha *( alpha / digit / "-" / "_" / "." )

And the following stipulations:

  1) "mailfrom" checking will be defined in a new draft
  2) multiple records are allowed
  3) a scope (e.g. "pra") can only appear in one record of one type for
validity purposes

The question before the working group: assuming no technical errors
with the above, is there anybody who vehemently objects with this
proposal?

        I fully support the extraction of the patent encumbered
PRA. I do have concerns about forwarding and compatibility with
existing records, so I will reserve my judgement until the new
drafts have been published.

        Ryan

--
HELO, my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!