Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 14:10:12

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

If so, does that mean that this entire set of proposals is not useful
for stopping phishing in any way?

None of these proposals will "stop" phishing in any way. No more so than
"Are you sure you want to open executables" dialog boxes will stop
viruses. And yes, I include the future time when we have working
"reputation" services.

Though I can say, if you want to reduce phishing, don't try and base it on
updated MUAs. Focus on the MTA.

Matt.