Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 08:41:14

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Andrew Newton wrote:

On Sep 8, 2004, at 11:13 AM, Rand Wacker wrote:

While I am personally in favor of allowing multiple scopes in the same
record, I think that this proposal will cause more problems than it
seemingly might solve, specifically for forwarders.

In particular, there is nothing in the current drafts that explain how
to modify messages or envelopes to allow forwarding/mail list/mx
backup operation...and I'm really hoping you're not suggesting we
simply bring SRS in to the fold.

Are you talking about the MAIL FROM case or the PRA case?  Otherwise, I
do not understand your objection.

The envelope bounce address (MAIL FROM) case.  You're right, it wouldn't
make sense otherwise. ;)

-Rand