Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 15:50:20

Tony,

TF> Will there also be a helo scope?
TF> We can't use either pra or mailfrom because they break forwarding.

  Taking andrew's proposal as an effort to process SPF "classic"
  through the IETF, I suggest not trying to expand the scope or
  redirect it.

  The issue of forwarding for author-based path registration schemes,
  like SPF and Sender-ID, has been discussed at length.  At a minimum,
  we need to document these impacts on usage.

  However there is already a deployed base of some size, for SPF, so
  we know that there are usage scenarios that the community find
  helpful.

  I suggest we make sure we document all this, rather than
  re-targeting the technical focus.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>