Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 15:50:19

Andrew,

AN> The question before the working group: assuming no technical errors
AN> with the above, is there anybody who vehemently objects with this
AN> proposal?

     once upon a time, it was suggested that proposals need to have
     security and operations review.  all of the proposals under
     discussion for this space have very significant ties and
     sensitivities to both security and OA&M.

     we really do need to get those reviews, before any proposal
     should reasonably be run through any sort of working group last
     call. and the broader IETF discussions on cross-area review have
     stressed the need for getting such reviews long before that.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>