Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 19:10:59

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

I did not suggest to start from zero. I just said that the new scheme
cannot be considered a minor patch so we have to cancel the last call,
to write new drafts (try to edit everything about PRA from -submitter,
it is not as obvious as it may seems) and to discuss them, all of this
before Washington.

I entirely agree. As soon as last call is over, I'll post the proposal
(which will include modified version of some of current draft documents)
that does exactly that - consistant with ideas of callerid but does
not base it on requirement to use PRA algorithm and instead focuses
on Submitter as appropriate identity all by itself.

I'd have posted all this already but group chair is of the opinion that
such proposal would distract us and parallel the proposal itself would
also not receive appopriate review because of distraction of last call
on other documents.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks