Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 13:00:46

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:37:18AM -0400,
 Andrew Newton <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> wrote
 a message of 36 lines which said:

   ver-scope   = "pra" / "mailfrom" / name
The question before the working group: assuming no technical errors
with the above, is there anybody who vehemently objects with this
proposal?

Basically, you suggest to move to "Unified SPF" where the same record
format is used for testing the various identities. I fully agree, and
it pushes asides the IPR problem since PRA would become optional. But:

1) It cannot be done by a small patch in the drafts. It changes seveal
things in -submitter and in -core. To me, your proposal (which I find
perfect) requires dropping the current drafts and starting again with
new drafts.

2) There are other scopes than mailfrom and pra (helo is an obvious
one) and we should either mention them or allow for additional scopes.