Re: DEPLOY: not at the University of Cambridge

2004-09-10 06:33:46

What we need is a method of identifying forgeries, not a method of
identifying legitimate email.

I share that desire. However, as a practical matter it may be easier to
get legitimate senders to cooperate than would-be forgers.

Exacto!

For anti-spam, the future reality is that any successful anti-forgery will
eliminate the forgery case as useful input.  Spammers will morph.  The PASS
case is going to be much more useful in long run.  We have a proprietary
algorithm in mind, which I can not detail in public.