RE: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-10 09:10:31

On Thursday, September 09, 2004 12:30 PM John Glube wrote:

[snip]
I presume a proposal which includes both pra and mailfrom
checks would involve elements of draft-marid-pra and
draft-marid-core, so giving rise to Microsoft's IPR claim and
the draft patent license with the noted restriction.

Microsoft's IPR disclosure clearly states that our IPR claims relate to
the maird-core and marid-pra specs used in combination.  We are not
aware of any IPR claims on marid-core used in combination with some
other specification.

As such, the restriction contained in the draft patent
Sender-ID license would preclude network administrators from
incorporating both mailfrom and pra checks without obtaining
separate permission from Microsoft.

Not true.  Administrators or any other end users of licensed Sender ID
implementations do not require a license from Microsoft.  This is
clearly stated in section 2.2 of the Sender ID license.