Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-10 09:27:06

Harry Katz wrote:

As such, the restriction contained in the draft patent
Sender-ID license would preclude network administrators from
incorporating both mailfrom and pra checks without obtaining
separate permission from Microsoft.

Not true. Administrators or any other end users of licensed Sender ID
implementations do not require a license from Microsoft.  This is
clearly stated in section 2.2 of the Sender ID license.

IANAL, but when you say, "Administrators ... of LICENSEd Sender ID implementations do not require a LICENSE," then does not the former preclude the latter?

Or are you saying I, as Administrator, do not need a license when I use an already exsting, licensed Sender-ID product (licensed to the company, for instance), but DO require one if I use PRA checks in a program of my own?

Regards,

- Mark