Re: TECH-ERROR: SenderID sets recomendation for forwarders that are not compatible with RFC 2822

2004-09-13 03:07:37

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 22:47 -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:

In marid-core draft says in section 7.2 it is written:

7.2 E-Mail Forwarders
   A program that forwards received mail to other addresses MUST add an
   appropriate header that contains an email address that it is
   authorized to use.  Such programs SHOULD use the Resent-From header
   for this purpose.

But this recomendation for Forwarders to use Resent-From header directly
contradicts what is written in section 3.6.6 of the RFC2822:

We should not abuse the Resent-From: header. Instead, we should either
introduce a new header or simply add a new field to the Received:
header. I favour the latter.

I have not seen any reason given for abusing the existing Resent-From:
header, nor do I understand why it is useful to do so instead of
introducing something new and unambiguous.

--
dwmw2