Re: TECH-ERROR: SenderID sets recomendation for forwarders that are not compatible with RFC 2822

2004-09-13 04:02:19

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

We should not abuse the Resent-From: header. Instead, we should either
introduce a new header or simply add a new field to the Received:
header. I favour the latter.

The Received: field already includes a "for" clause which contains the
recipients of the message. It is usually omitted if there is more than one
recipient for privacy reasons (otherwise it could expose BCC recipients).

If Sender-ID were to use that clause, what should it contain in the
multiple recipients case? At least Resent-From: mailer-daemon makes some
kind of sense. Received: for unspecified-recipients(_at_)unspecified-domains?

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
ROCKALL: CYCLONIC, BECOMING NORTH 6 TO GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9.