Re: Work plan for Sender ID

2004-09-14 03:54:52

On Tue, 13 Sep 2004, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

For example, I believe the "fetchmail" alternative is:

I don't think the fetchmail algorithm is suitable. It's trying to guess
what the return path was in the absence of any SMTP-time information and
in the presence of crap installations that don't add a Return-Path: field
when delivering into the POP mailbox. A /fetchmail scope would be
semantically identical to a /mailfrom scope, but with some additional
heuristics intended for use with non-standard and misconfigured systems.
This is not appropriate for a technical standard.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: SOUTHWEST VEERING WEST 6 TO GALE 8, DECREASING 4 OR