Re: HELO, IPR, A&R means new draft?; scope; Microsoft - (Re: DEPLOY - IP, HELO & touch count. )

2004-09-14 16:14:12

Matthew Elvey <matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com> wrote:

I think John Leslie said that under SenderID, a domain's reputation
would be looked up by looking up the IPs its SPF2 record lists in an IP
blacklist.

   More exactly, I said one could build a reputation service this way.
It was _a_ way to build a reputation service; not an _only_ way.

I think John is confused - that's not what I am expecting.  I'm
expecting the domain itself to be looked up in a RHSBL.

   The question is, how would such a RHSBL be maintained? It seemed to
me that any RHS that scored poorly under that scheme would need to be
on a hair-trigger because it could go from zero to a million spams in
a matter of seconds.

   (I'm not the least bit sure this is a good time to discuss the issue,
but I'd like to minimize confusion about what the issue is...)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>