Re: So here it is one year later...

2005-01-28 13:11:11

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Dean Anderson wrote:

As you see, spam + ham does not add up to overall.  Its not clear what
these statistics mean, nor how they were calculated.  But your
interpretation is clearly either wrong or at least not supported by the
page.

Sorry to reply to my own post, but there is another point I forgot: when
dealing with a very sample from a very small domain, that deals with a
limited part of the internet, E.G. a domain with relatively few people who
develop SPF, and who therefore exchange disproportionately more mail with
other SPF users, then their email statistics on SPF usage will also be
skewed.  In other words, this is not a random sample.

One needs to get better sample from someplace that doesn't particularly
cater to SPF email users, and interacts more broadly with the internet.

                --Dean

617 344 9000