Re: SPF PASS (was: "If you believe that the SPF concept is fundam entally flawed, please subscribe at http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/")

2005-05-26 11:36:57
John Levine wrote:
We could, but since you can't tell whether the list of addresses in
an SPF record is supposed to apply to the EHLO address or the MAIL FROM
address or one of the message header addresses, what's the point?

If it starts with "v=spf1", its semantics is defined in draft-schlitt-spf-
classic, which, in a long tradition, defines such records to apply both to
the HELO/EHLO and MAIL FROM identites, and no others.

The domain names in my EHLOs is completely disjoint from the set in my
MAIL FROM and mail headers.  How is SPF going to handle that?

Great!  If you are using separate sets of domains for HELO/EHLO and MAIL
FROM, you can use separate SPF records for each of them.  Problem solved.