Re: SPF PASS

2005-05-26 11:39:07

Carl Hutzler wrote:

I wish there was a way to utilize the relatively large number
of SPF records in a technology like CSV.

You could try the SIQ-idea:  input IP and FQDN, output PASS,
FAIL, or DUNNO.  The SIQ-server checks CSV and if n/a SPF to
create its (IP, FQDN, result, TTL) HELO-tuples.

If the SIQ-server is forced to use SPF (no CSV) to create its
records it could ignore all policies with the vague qualifiers
? or ~, and it could also ignore all "expensive" SPF policies,
anything with mx, ptr, include could be defined as "forget it,
too expensive for a simple HELO test".

So you only look at +/-a +/-ip4, +/-ip6, +/-all.  I'm not sure
about "mx" and "exists", a dedicated SIQ-server could have
enough time to evaluate these mechanisms.  Bye, Frank

P.S., you better add MTAMARK before CSV before restricted SPF