Re: SPF PASS

2005-05-26 12:43:35

Terry Fielder wrote in mxcomp:

Unless I'm mistaken SPF pass is specific per scope/identity
checked and there is no overall SPF pass.

That was not my understanding, but I accept being corrected
if that's the case.

The only "overall" thing in the actual draft is a HELO FAIL.

Hm... or it used to be in -00, -01pre1, -01pre2, -01pre3,
-01pre4, -01pre5, but was dropped in -01pre6, -01pre7, -01.

Now that's a bug.  Wayne, please fix this back, it was no
nonsense, I don't recall any debate / resolution about it.

And there was no -01pre5 vs. 01pre6 diff, and that's how I
missed it.

Not talking about HELO FAIL doesn't solve the pending HELO
PermError issue.

Without an overall HELO FAIL stuff like op=helo needs to be
checked, e.g. do we _need_ it ?  It's almost what Carl wants:

http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/draft-spf-6-3-options-06.txt

                      Bye, Frank