Re: [spf-help] Re: SPF and SenderID

2005-07-22 04:54:47

Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> wrote:

actually, _I_ want such a wildcard to publish _negative_ SRV records
for our workstations.  as it is, we would need to add 35296 negative
SRV records to our zone to fully implement CSV...

   CSV _has_ been updated to allow a domain to specify that any
subdomain lacking a specific SRV record is "not authorized". This,
however, is outside the central purpose of CSV -- which is to enable
bypassing "expensive" and sometimes-inaccurate other mechanisms.

   (The revised spec does not require every CSV-compliant MTA to
search for that bit: we expect mechanisms to evolve for querying
databases of domains which set it.)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>