Re: [spf-help] Re: SPF and SenderID

2005-07-22 10:04:50

On Jul 21, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I would say there is another option that should be considered.  Not
publishing SPF records. Many recipients are rejecting '~' and '?' which creates an immediate problem for the sender with forwarding issues that
depend upon this exploited feature.

I'm curious what the basis for this statement is. Do you have statistics?

No statistics. I am repeating comments I have heard from administrators at the meeting. When perhaps a fraction of a percent of non-abusive domains publish these records, saying 'many' would of course be like describing the fleas of a flea. It was not clear if this was the result of some type of reputation response due to abuse of the '?', which effectively says 'never mind'. If you feel this to be in error then '?'. It does follow that I had expected and would be a natural response when seeing this as means to prevent the exploit of a neutral result.

-Doug