Re: New Draft... going forward

1997-10-21 11:23:09
On 21 Oct 1997, Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:

* Gene Hoffman wrote:
Also, to defend the need for ASCII Armor parsing in a compatable
application I offer up the API to Exchange/Outlook. This MUA doesn't give
an application plugin the ability to process MIME attachments. The default
message interoperability mechanism is ASCII armored encrypted blocks in
the message body.

Is this true for picture viewers, too?

I need to clarify my words above a bit. The API does not give a plugin the
ability to easily grab currently attached attachments, modify them, and
hand them back with PGP/MIME compliant semantics. It does allow one to
grab the filenames, encrypt the files on disk, and replace the attached
names with new names to encrypted files...

Not many Win/Mac MUA's allow one to make drastic changes to the headers
and attachments to create a PGP/MIME style message.

Gene Hoffman
PGP, Inc.