ASN.1 packet?

1997-10-22 00:54:36
* Kent Crispin wrote:
"For backward compatibility this format SHOULD be read.  It MAY be
generated."

I will change every occurence in that way today. Furthermore I'm going to
define each packet as required, recommended and optional in application
support.

Shall we introduce an X.509 frame in packet version 3 and 4?
  "Content of this packet is a type octet determining the PKCS version,
   followed by the ASN.1 encoded PKCS octet stream."

It is sufficient to include it in packet version 3, because ASN.1 requires
the length of the packet or use indefinite length both available to packet
version 3.