draft editor(s)

1997-10-23 08:10:39
From: "John  W. Noerenberg" <jwn2(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
Wow!  Lutz, I'm impressed.  While some have been arguing about numerous
topics, you've taken the bull by the horns and produced a first cut at one
of the documents we need to concentrate on.  This is quite a piece of work.

Lutz's work mirrors some of the work that Jon Callas and Rod Thayer have
also done.  I've asked the three of them to collaborate on a single version
of this document to be submitted as an Internet-Draft.
Is everybody with me so far?

I suggest that this is not the correct approach.  Multi-editor documents
have a problematic history in the IETF.

Jon Callas did not finish his work in a timely fashion, despite
considerable public and private prompting.  Rodney Thayer is generally a
bit better at getting things done, but he has not finished either.

I recommend any of Callas and Thayer's useful work be incorporated in
the new document, and that they be given second and third author credit,
but that all editting be done by Lutz.  No diffusion of responsibility.
Them that does the work gets the credit.

WSimpson(_at_)UMich(_dot_)edu