Re: draft editor(s)

1997-10-23 10:08:00
* William Allen Simpson wrote:
I recommend any of Callas and Thayer's useful work be incorporated in
the new document, and that they be given second and third author credit,
but that all editting be done by Lutz.  No diffusion of responsibility.
Them that does the work gets the credit.

Thank you. I'll do my best. In any case some of my current tasks ge be
lifted soon. So I have more time. Next issue is to reimplement it as (L)GPL
reference implementation (that's what I'm paid for) and test it against
existing messages.

BTW some changes:

ftp://ftp.iks-jena.de/pub/mitarb/lutz/crypt/software/pgp/
                                    draft-ietf-pgp-formats.current.txt

23.10.1997
  * Armor header bug fixed.

22.10.1997
  * Clarification of sel-certificates.
  * Key expiration changed user ID expiration.
  * Key usage clarification.
  * Digests written as words.
  * MAY, SHOULD, MUST classification for every item.

21.10.1997
  * Fingerprint derivated from public key format.
  * Major extentions to signature subpackets (several new types).
  * Signature subpacket derivated from general packet framework.
  * Consequently use octet instead of byte.
  * Secret key is derivated from public key.
  * Added algorith identifiers 2 (RSA encr) and 3 (RSA sign).
  * Backward compatibility derivated from packet version of public key.
  * Started different trust models used by PGP 5.x. New trust packet.

21.10.1997
  * Corrections on Ascii Armor.
  * Armor header 'Version' defined to current use.

19.10.1997
  * published fist version of the draft completely rewritten from fragments.