Re: The case against redundancy and isolation

1997-11-23 07:19:32
On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 12:40:33PM +0000, Ian Brown wrote:
[...]
MIME 1) already exists, 2) is far more widely used than Armor, and 3)
won't need to be implemented by an OP-MIME system as the mailer will do
the work for you.

If the mailer does all the work for you, then why argue that mime is
necessary as a part of the OP spec? I don't mean that to be flip; I am
asking for actual technical reasoning, maybe even with a concrete
example.  How, precisely, do you imagine OP interacting with a mime
mailer such that OP has to know mime?

--
Kent Crispin                            "No reason to get excited",
kent(_at_)songbird(_dot_)com                    the thief he kindly spoke...