Re: OP and pgp5.0i: some problems

1997-12-04 11:13:26
on Thu, 04 Dec 1997 15:35:38 +0000 Ian Brown quoted Maksim Otstavnov
and wrote:
Currently, PGP/MIME (RFC2015) allows only 7-bit content.

You said you wanted:

Content-Transfer-Encoding could be base64 just as easily. PGP/MIME would
then sign that encoded data.

Yes it works in most 2.6-compatible mailers. I'd like to have
abovequouted format as an option, though, for the advantage of
legibility.

Besides, it has nothing to do with PGP/MIME. PGP/MIME is a separate
question currentely not discussed by this WG according to its agenda.
(right?).

The OP is to obsolete rfc1991, not 2015, right? Ascii-armor is
currently defined in 1991, not 2015. So I just wish OP rfc to contain
both a concept of "8-bit text" and definition of actions order for
plugins/glues producing _non-PGP/MIME_ messages. Just so little ;)

There are 2 questions:
1) do plugins in existence support the operation?
2) Should it be documented in OP or in a separate document?

MIME-compatible mailers will do the encoding.

Which encoding: base64 or 8-bit or both?

thanks,
--
-- Maksim Otstavnov <maksim(_at_)volga(_dot_)net>
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/1059/