Re: Conventional works, but pgpv needs armor

1998-03-29 12:00:57
In <98Mar29(_dot_)115127est(_dot_)43009(_at_)brickwall(_dot_)ceddec(_dot_)com>,
on 03/29/98
   at 11:52 AM, nospam-seesignature(_at_)ceddec(_dot_)com said:

Well, it did work, and I originally had this ready to post until pgpv
managed to decrypt it.

the passphrase is "testpass", the first is S2KEK, the second is S2K only.

Maybe some others would contribute test case messages (or pointers
to).

I can confirm that both messages decrypted with my OS/2 port of PGP 5.0i
and as with the unix version it only works if the message is
ascii-armored.

On the first message there was an extra blank line inbetween the last line
of radix-64 and the checksum. One must remove this line for decryption to
work.

I'll have to fire up the NT box (shudder,shudder) and see how 5.5 handles
it.

William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/esecure.html

Tag-O-Matic: The best way to accelerate Windows is at escape velocity.