Moving forward

1999-10-12 01:24:37
Hi,

the list is very quite for a long time now.  So I want to raise some
issues again which are still unsolved:

  - There is a problem with dash-escaped text
    (see my mail from Sep 15th)

  - What happened to the MDC?
    Silently ignoring this issue is not good - we had a lot of
    discussion on this topic and some proposals.  If we don't
    come to a conclusion we should agree on a way to solve it.

  - Other issues like large signature packets, new packet types
    (non private ones) that PGP is now using should also be
    discussed.

  - There are some open tasks from the last Oslo meeting.

  - Do we have a way to specify private extensions for the S2K
    (I am thinking about hardware tokens).

I see more and more demand for S/MIME applications.  To make OpenPGP
a success we should really agree on some topics and move forward to
get OpenPGP into draft standard state.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013