Re: Moving forward

1999-10-13 16:24:26
On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 01:15:57PM -0500, William H. Geiger III wrote:
Any word on what's going on with PGP/MIME? Last I heard a couple of people
here were working on some issues but I haven't heard anything since then.

I am interested in seeing parallel signatures being added to the protocol.
I am not sure if this should be on the PGP/MIME level or the OpenPGP.

IMO, the parallel signature should be left out of PGP/MIME and OpenPGP.  Where
it belongs is in an update of RFC1847 (Security Multiparts) since this is a
generic encapsulation of multiple signatures.

That being said, an update of PGP/MIME would likely only reference the new
specification (RFC2440) instead of RFC1991.  Given that PGP/MIME only specifies
what you sign, not the format of the signature, it is fairly neutral with
respect to which spec you are talking about.

me