Re: Moving forward

1999-10-18 20:05:11
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Jon Callas wrote:

The best thing to do would be for someone to write a PGP-CFB mode wrapper
that could be applied to a number of ciphers. Ideally, this would be
open-sourced. And no, I don't mean GPLed. I mean true open source, where
anyone could do anything with it.

my opgp has such a wrapper routine and has no usage restrictions (and the
only modification restriction is that it must be documented or
disassociated).

The MDC packet looks exactly like the encrypted data packet, but it has 20
bytes of SHA-1 at the end. I've described the feature subpacket above.

As long as the 20 bytes are appended to the packet (i.e. are outside), not
the data.

I want a virtual EOF when I come to the end of encrypted data.

Alternately, say these new packets MUST use the old format CTBs, so the
length is in the header, so I can subtract 20.