Re: rfc2440bis-02 comments

2000-12-27 21:21:10

my guess is that you are saying that addressing the example scenario
you gave is a design goal of public key distribution and verification.

I meant that PGP's conventional (simple, oldstyle, or whatever :-)
digital signature can use in very simple digital signature scheme.  My
scenario will be applied to not only PGP but also almost current
digital signature tools.

I guess that you want more sophisticated digital signature scheme than
current PGP digital signature scheme.

but having a key from the keyserver that might be alice's
key is not enough.  olive must also establish that the key is alice's.

Web-of-trust, X.509, and some certification schemes give us the
capability of public key trustness without contacting public-key
owner.

                                        --hironobu