Re: meeting in San Francisco?

2003-03-05 17:31:22

At 03:28 PM 2/19/2003 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>Rodney Thayer <rodney(_at_)tillerman(_dot_)to> writes:
>
>> Is there a meeting planned in San Francisco?  Is there an agenda?
>> Is there a call for an agenda?  Is there interest in a meeting?
>
>I dont know.  No.  There should be.  Good question..
>
>Feedback?

A cypherpunks meeting is a separate topic, I was talking about an IETF
WG meeting.  So I'm not ignoring that.

Things I think we should discuss:

- draft 07bis or 08 or whatever it's at (Jon?  does this make sense?)

- the key server protocol activity that the keyserver-folks and Peter Gutmann
have been discussing.  I think I'm in the midst of volunteering to do a short
presentation on that, so I would like to ask for a 15 minute slot

- ben laurie's perfect forward secrecy draft.  which he kept trying to bring
up as a discussion topic. I'm not claiming it's perfect or anything but I think
we should at least discuss it.  I'm sure we can rope someone into doing
a short presentation on this.

- deprecating pgp 2 keys.  I don't happen to like the idea myself, but lots of
people (Len?) have strong opinions about this and therefore I think the WG should
discuss it, at least a little bit, at least to form a "wg opinion".