Re: Adding in BZ2 compression?

2003-07-04 10:07:27

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:30:26 -0400, Michael Young said:

If it didn't have any obvious advantage, I'd agree with you; but, it does.
It's certainly more useful than two stylistic variants of the same thing,
which is what we have now.

Yep, I'd prefer to drop compression algo 1 because 2 is better defined
and provides a clean way to specify the used window size.  For
backward compatibility it can not be done though.

essence of Werner's argument, although he makes it in terms of
PGP/MIME, which I don't find compelling for the pure OpenPGP spec.)

OpenPGP is mostly used for email, so PGP/MIME makes a lot of sense.
The encapsulation provided by MIME is much more flexible than that of
OpenPGP.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com