Re: cleartext signatures - trailing white space - proposal

2004-03-12 06:54:45

Ian Grigg wrote:

Perl uses this definition of whitespace:

  \s      A whitespace character      [ \t\n\r\f]

which includes form feeds as 0x0c (I think).

Modern versions of perl also have a unicode compliant definition of whitespace (and other things) see:
http://perl.active-venture.com/pod/perlretut-morecharacter.html

Java uses the java.lang.Character.isWhitespace()
method, which probably depends on the character
set!

java.lang.Character.isWhitespace() operates solely on chars, which are unicode.

I don't know about Python, or Microsoft languages.

Modern versions of Python do unicode, I believe.

cheers
stuart

--
Stuart Yeates
stuart(_dot_)yeates(_at_)computing-services(_dot_)oxford(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk