Re: IDEA in v3-v4 conflict (was Re: OpenPGP at IETF-59 Draft Minutes #1)

2004-03-13 02:24:04

Jon Callas wrote:

The biggest flaw in PGP 2 is that it is not fatally flawed. If there
were some horrible bug in PGP 2, we could all demand that people give
up their V3 keys, and even just drop them. Alas, PGP 2 is indeed pretty
good, and therefore it is hard to get people who believe it to be
divine revealed wisdom to change their mind; we can only tease them
until they get tired of hearing it.

We could publicize more the user ID spoofing issue.  But it's probably
not extreme enough for most people to care.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,