Some -15 comments

2005-11-10 11:07:18

I did a quick read over bis15:

In 5.2.1. Signature Types, in the section about the 0x18 subkey
binding signature, the binding for a signing subkey MUST (not SHOULD)
contain a back signature.  This was discussed on the list.

======

We discussed a change to 5.2.3.16 (Notation Data) on the list to
change:

     First octet: 0x80 = human-readable. This note value is text, a
                         note from one person to another, and need
                         not have meaning to software.
to:
     First octet: 0x80 = human-readable. This note value is text.

Any way that can go in?  I'm perfectly happy to get an "I Told You So"
if someone is confused :)

======

5.11. User ID Packet (Tag 13) makes reference to a "RFC 2822 mail
name", but there is no such object in 2822.  2822 calls it a
"name-addr".

======

In 5.13. Sym. Encrypted Integrity Protected Data Packet (Tag 18), the