Re: Some -15 comments

2005-11-14 19:36:50

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:11:10AM +0100, Daniel A. Nagy wrote:

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:58:52PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:

I think what you are saying and what Hal and I are saying are
basically compatible: interpret the human-readable flag as "I can
print this".

But how to express "you should print this"? I tought the text flag and the
critical flag together were for this very purpose.

You would define a notation ("my-notation-name(_at_)epointsystem(_dot_)org" or
the like), which is defined as "show me to a human".

You don't want to overload the human-readable flag for that, since
there are some human readable notations that while being *capable* of
being read by a human, aren't intended for reading by a human on a
regular basis.

David