Re: Bad Armour Headers

2006-01-06 04:35:16

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:22:38AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

I know that given that as I heavily hacked on mutt's crypto code.
However mutt is not ust by the average user and mutt's users usually
use PGP/MIME where such a problem does not exist.

We talked about editors or MUAs with a bad line wrap behavior; that is
that these MUAs are not OpenPGP aware and many users are using the
clipboard to cut and paste signatures.

Really? Are there more cut&paste'ers than mutt users? Not that I don't
believe you, but it would be nice to know how to estimate UI preferences.

Actually, my java applet OpenPGP client (which relies on cut&paste for
input) also removes the headers from verified clearsigned documents.

--
Daniel