Re: Bad Armour Headers

2006-01-06 07:29:38

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:24:03 +0100, Daniel A Nagy said:

Really? Are there more cut&paste'ers than mutt users? Not that I don't
believe you, but it would be nice to know how to estimate UI preferences.

Even for Unix systems mutt is by far not the major MUA.  Kmail,
Evolution and Mozilla are used more often.  AFAIK, Windows users often
use cut+paste to encrypt or sign messages.

Actually, my java applet OpenPGP client (which relies on cut&paste for
input) also removes the headers from verified clearsigned documents.

Frankly, I believe that all headers except for Hash are not very
useful.  People are often bemused if you tell them that they should
use sed to fix or add armor header lines.  I am pretty sure many of
them believe that the armor header lines are part of the signed text
which does not wonder me because a line just above says "begin pgp
signed message" and not "pgp signed messages begins after the next
blank line".

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner